I. UPGRADING AN EXISTING INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 10 TO WINDOWS 11.
This guide is for PCs with an existing genuine installation of Windows 10. You can also upgrade your Windows 10 to Windows 11 even if its not yet activated by simply entering the product key after the upgrade. Pirated copies of Windows 10 will not upgrade to Windows 11. Ensure that your Windows 10 installation is genuine and was downloaded from the official download link.
1. Download PC Health Check App and click Check now to first assess your PCs compatibility with Windows 11.
2. If your PC meets the Windows 11 requirements, proceed with the next steps. If not, PC Health Check App should tell you which requirement your system failed to meet. This will guide you which necessary changes are needed to run Windows 11 on your PC. In most cases, a disabled TPM 2.0 is the reason why your PC cannot upgrade to Windows 11. Simply enable TPM 2.0 on your BIOS settings. If your motherboard was manufactured on or after 2017, it is highly likely that it has TPM 2.0 as this was already the standard for devices to be Windows certified since 2017. Without TPM 2.0 support, your PC cannot upgrade to Windows 11.
3. Visit the official Windows 11 download page by clicking here. Download and run the Windows 11 Installation Assistant.
4. Click Accept and install. This will automatically download and install Windows 11 on your PC. Installer size is about 4.5 GB. Depending on your PC and internet speed, this will take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour with an average time of about 15 minutes on a 50 Mbps connection.
5. Once download and installation are finished, your PC will automatically restart after 30 minutes. You can click Restart now to skip this unnecessary wait.
6. Your PC will now restart, download and install important updates as it upgrades your PC to the latest version of Windows 11. Do not turn off your PC.
7. Congratulations! You are now on Windows 11. If your Windows 10 was already activated prior to upgrade, no further reactivation is necessary, however, if your Windows 10 was not yet activated prior to the upgrade, click here for instructions on how to activate you Windows 11.
II. WINDOWS 11 CLEAN INSTALL GUIDE.
This guide is for PCs without an existing operating system or PCs that will have its main hard drive reformatted completely. We always recommend clean install guide because it rids your PC of unnecessary system files that can take up disk space or slow down your PC, however, note that this will delete all files on the hard drive where Windows 11 will be installed. It is very important to backup your important files before reformatting your hard drive. Kindly prepare a USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of disk space. This USB drive will be reformatted to create a bootable installation media so ensure that you backup any important files in the USB drive before proceeding.
1. Visit the official Windows 11 download page by clicking here. Download and run the Windows 11 Installation Media Creation Tool.
2. Accept the license terms. You will then select the language and edition of Windows 11. Uncheck Use the recommended options for this PC to modify the language and edition. Note that our highest-end Windows 11 retail license is multi-language, allowing you to install more languages after installation should you prefer. Windows 11 is the only default edition in the media creation tool as all of its available editions are already included in the installation by default and you will be allowed to select your preferred edition during setup. Click Next when ready.
3. Insert a USB flash drive with atleast 8 GB of storage to the USB port and ensure that the USB flash drive contains no important file as all files are deleted during formatting. Select USB flash drive and click Next.
4. Select the specific USB drive that you want to use as a bootable Windows 11 installer. Note that all files on this drive will be deleted. Click Next.
5. Windows 11 installation files will now be downloaded into the USB drive. Installer size is about 4.5 GB. Depending on your PC and internet speed, this will take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour with an average time of about 15 minutes on a 50 Mbps connection. Once download is complete, an additional time of about 10 to 15 minutes is necessary for the files to be processed into a bootable installation media.
6. Your Windows 11 bootable installer is now ready! Your USB drive will be renamed to ESD-USB. This is the standard universal name for all Windows 11 bootable installation media which also indicates that the files has been correctly processed and that the USB is bootable.
7. Ensure that everything is ready before performing a clean install by backing up all your important files. Clean install requires formatting the drive or partition where the operating system is to be installed. Once ready, ensure that the USB installer is in the USB port and restart your PC.
8. If your PC has no operating system installed on it, it should automatically boot from the USB installer. However, if there is an existing operating system, it will always boot from the installed operating system. To be able to run the USB installer, you should know the specific key to enable boot options. Each motherboard has different key to press that will enable booting from the USB drive. It is usually F2, F5 or F8. If you know your specific key, press it repeatedly immediately after you turn on your PC and before the Windows loading screen appears and boot from the USB installer to run setup. If you are having trouble booting from the USB drive, See our guide Windows Installation – How To Boot From USB Drive.
9. Once your PC successfully boots from the USB drive, setup should now run. Select your appropriate language, time and currency format and your keyboard or input method and click Next and then click Install on the next screen.
10. You will now be asked of the 25 digit product key to activate windows and to direct setup on which operating system to install. This is where you enter the product key you purchased from us. If you are connected to the internet, Windows should activate automatically. Once product key is entered, click next. You can also choose to enter the product key at later time by clicking I dont have a product key and then selecting the appropriate Windows version that you want to install on the next screen. This is applicable to the high-end Windows 11 Pro For Workstations which do not have a default installer and will only upgrade from an existing Windows 11 Home or Pro.
11. Accept the terms and click Next.
12. You will then be asked of your installation type. It is always best to select Custom to install a fresh copy of Windows.
13. The next screen will show the list of drive and partitions. Drive number such as, Drive 0 indicates the physical drive. If you see Drive 0, Drive 1, Drive 2 – it means you have 3 physical drives on your PC. Partition is the division of the physical drive manually created by the user via Create and format hard disk partitions in the control panel. If you see Drive 0 Partition 1 and Drive 0 Partition 2 – it means the physical drive 0 is divided into 2 separate partitions. You can install Windows on any of these partitions. You can freely adjust, format or even remove partitions after setup.
14. Select the appropriate drive where you want to install Windows. If this drive contains an installation of another operating system, all files will be moved to a folder named Windows.old. Product Key Philippines recommends that you delete unnecessary partitions and format the drive first if you already made a backup of your files on a separate drive. This will speed up your PC dramatically and free up that much needed drive space specially if you are using an SSD drive.
15. Windows will now begin the installation process. Further actions are required to setup and personalize your Windows 11. Simply follow the on-screen instructions and configure Windows the way you want it. Sit back, relax and congratulations on owning the highest-tier, genuine retail license for Windows 11!
IMPORTANT: Once installation reaches 100% and PC begins the restart countdown, REMOVE THE USB INSTALLER to ensure that your PC will boot from the newly installed OS and not from the USB installer.
III. ACTIVATE AN EXISTING INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 11 AND BINDING THE LICENSE WITH YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT.
This guide is about activating an already installed Windows 11 using a product key as well as upgrading lower versions of Windows 11. Note that older versions of Windows such as Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 are not upgradable to Windows 11. Only Windows 10 is eligible to be upgraded to Windows 11.
This guide uses Windows 11 Home as the reference operating system for the instructions and screenshots. Because we only sell the highest tier retail license for Windows 11, our product key can also upgrade lower versions of Windows 10 and 11.
1. Please be very certain that you installed a genuine copy of Windows. Genuine product keys will of course, not work on illegal copy of Windows because Microsoft’s activation servers are blocked within the operating system. If you are in doubt with your system’s authenticity, it is safer to assume that it is an illegal copy and that you will have to do a clean install instead.
2. Once you are absolutely certain you are using a genuine copy of Windows, on the middle part of your taskbar is a search icon denoted by the magnifying glass logo, click it and search for Activation Settings then click Activation settings under the Best match result.
3. On the activation settings, simply click the Change button next to Change product key.
4. Enter the 25-digit product key and click Next.
5. Our keys are the highest tier retail licenses and can also be used to activate an existing copy of Windows 11 Home to higher tier Windows 11 such as Windows 11 Pro or Windows 11 Pro For Workstations. In such case, an Upgrade your edition of Windows prompt will appear. Simply click Start to upgrade your copy of Windows.
6. When upgrading Windows, an error that says Unable to upgrade your edition may appear. This is normal as the PC needs to restart for the new features to be added. Simply restart your PC and let the upgrade finish.
7. Congratulations! Your Windows is now activated. Activating Windows will bind the license automatically with the Microsoft account that activated the PC so no further action is necessary to bind the license, however, if you are using a local account, the key will remain unbound as there is no Microsoft account to bind it with and if that is the case, we will need to attach your Windows license to your Microsoft account. This is very very important! A unique feature of the highest tier retail license like the one you just purchased from us, is its ability to reactivate Windows even after a very significant hardware change or even transfer your license to an entirely different device. This is impossible with OEM keys, MAK keys and other low tier licenses. To begin, simply click your local account’s name found on the upper left portion of the activation screen.
8. Click Your info.
9. Then click Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
10. Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with your Microsoft account. If you do not have an account, you can create one by clicking Create one! just under the username text field. Do note that from hereon, you will have to login on your Windows using your Microsoft account. You will need to confirm this by entering your local account’s Windows password before finally setting up a login PIN.
11. Congratulations! Your Windows is now attached to your very own Microsoft account. This means that you own the license and its bound to you and not to the device. Enjoy the full benefits of owning the highest tier, genuine retail Windows 11 license! Click here to know more.