Office 2016 is a PC only, traditional Microsoft Office that has no online feature and as such, will always require an offline installation. Note that internet connection is still needed to activate and update Office 2016. Once activated, you can use Office 2016 offline without internet connection indefinitely.
If you own previous releases of Microsoft Office below the 2016 version, it is of utmost importance that you remove them first before installing Office 2016 to prevent application errors. Microsoft Office is designed in a way that it only allows one installation and once license to exist in a single device. Pirated Office should also be thoroughly removed to ensure that the new installation can connect to Microsoft’s activation servers for activation.
For PC, remove all installations first: To remove existing Office installation using the official Office removal tool, click here. Run the program and follow on-screen instructions.
After removing office licenses and uninstalling office, it is important to restart your computer.
1. To download Office Professional Plus 2016 for the PC, click here. This is Microsoft’s official download link. File is about 4 GB and will take about few minutes to few hours to download depending on the speed of your internet connection.
2. Once download has finished, locate the file and mount the disc image file. If mount option is not available, simply double click the disc image file.
3. This will open the main file directory. Open the only folder in this directory named Office and right click on either Setup32 for the 32-bit version or Setup64 for the 64-bit version. Click Run as administrator and then click Yes on the next prompt to allow Office to make changes on your device.
4. Office will now begin to install. It will only take about 5 to 10 minutes and internet connection is not required.
5. Once Office is installed, click close.
6. Run any Office application such as Word. You will then be asked to enter a product key.
7. Internet connection is required to activate Office. You will receive a 25 digit product key after purchase. Enter this key and click Activate Office.
8. After activating office, You will be prompted to accept Microsoft Office License Agreement. Accept the terms.
9. Congratulations, your Office Professional Plus 2016 is now activated for life!